Thursday, August 25, 2005

5 MOVIES I CAN'T WAIT FOR....

1. The Brothers Grimm - Comes out this weekend!!! Woohoo:o-) This stars Matt Damon and Heath Ledger and involved a lot of fantasy and action which I always love. I can't go to the movies this weekend (dangit) but I'll definitely be going next weekend.

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Yup, I'm a.... what's a good term? Potterhead? Potterphile? Whatever, I've read them all and seen them all and plan to continue the pattern. My whole family is addicted to Rowling's series. Release date is November 18.

3. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe - I am soooo excited about this movie. I have seen trailers and I believe this is going to be right up there with Lord of the Rings on production values. It just looks like it is going to be totally fabulous! It is being put out by Disney and they used some of the special effects people from LOTR. My family has read aloud this entire series several times and we can't wait for the movie. Heres hoping it is the first of an entire series. It is coming out December 9.

4. An Unfinished Life - This one is a family drama with Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman. Both of these actors are da bomb! It has to be a good movie. What surprises me is that the female lead is Jennifer Lopez. I don't have a lot of respect for her as an actress yet but I'm hoping she will be up to the honor of the company she is in. It comes out September 9.

5. Beowulf and Grendel - This one is going to be one of those big epics with lots of battle and bloodshed and it is based on a literary masterpiece. What more could you want??? Well, Gerard Butler for one thing. Okay, I'm human. The man makes me drool uncontrollably. I would probably watch him in Lil Abner meets Bart Simpson. I believe it is slated to come out in October. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home