Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Something to Talk About???

I am a huge American Idol fan. I have two kids who are performers - really good ones. I love the fact that this show has given so many young people the opportunity that they may have never had to achieve their dreams. The whole controversy this year over a certain young man and a website/movement to vote for the least worthy really has me pissed off. If you hate American Idol, vote with your remote not your phone. Don't take it out on the dreamers on the show or the fans.

I refuse to name the website that encourages people to vote for the worst performance cuz I will NOT contribute to their fame. I have, up to now refused to name the kid for the same reason. Regardless of whether or not this whole thing is engineered by the shows powers that be or truly the product of a bunch of sour jerks and just used to their advantage as much as possible, it makes me sick. I feel like all the folks in Harry Potter's world who won't speak Voldemort's name for fear of contributing to his power. But I have to get this out before I explode.

People who vote for Sanjaya because they hate Simon, or American Idol, or the Great Machine that is the popular music industry or WHATEVER are just a bunch of jerks who can't stand to see good things happening to anyone because it's not happening to them. All the horrible comments about this very YOUNG man are totally inappropriate; how would you feel if he was your kid, or brother or homeboy? I think it is easier to understand the rest of the world's impression of the "ugly American" when you read some of these comments. Comment on his talent or lack thereof but personal comments about his sexual orientation or his looks etc are just low class.

Let's be real. Sanjaya has a sweet but undeveloped voice. He seems like a nice, well brought up young man who is getting cocky from all the attention. He DOES NOT deserve to be there with the performers who are left. He absolutely, 100% should be the one to go home this week. Last week was probably his best performance, although it still wasn't up to the level of the competition. This week he straight-up sucked. I go to amateur as well as professional level performances a lot because of Cheyenne and Cameron. I have, quite literally, heard better at karaoke bars after 11 pm. Simon as well as Randy and Paul did nothing but speak the truth. Deal with it. Sadly, Phil Stacy or Chris Richardson or maybe even Kiki Jones will go home even though they have about a billion times more potential to sell records. That is not their loss, it is ours, the fans'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home