Thursday, January 17, 2008

AI Auditions Week 1

January 17
I'm so excited!!! I just got on DVR to watch last night's show and saw Alaina Whitaker!!! She and her older sister used to do some of the same shows as my dd, Cheyenne (20), who is about the age of her older sister who is also extremely talented. She competed on a tv show in Tulsa called Gimme the Mike and just did sooo well.

Chey stopped performing to have a baby so I haven't seen them in over a year but they are really a nice family. That was her grandma and sister etc waiting for her in the hall. At one time, her grandma wanted to try to have Cheyenne do shows with them. She was always so supportive of Cheyenne and told me that Cheyenne really had something special. Cheyenne just won't get her head wrapped around how good she really is.

The organization for singers that they all belonged to here in Oklahoma gave Cheyenne "Horizon" Award and picked her to compete in a national competition in Tennessee that last year she performed with them but we didn't have the money to go.

Anyway... I will seriously be rooting for Alaina!!! Their grandparents have worked so hard to make sure that they had every opportunity to succeed. I always felt bad that I couldn't give that to Cheyenne. Heck, half the time we don't even have a car. Sorry to ramble but I'm so excited for Alaina... and sad cuz it could have been Cheyenne. I'll get back to ya about the rest of the show after I watch it. I had to stop and post cuz I was just so danged excited. Cheyenne doesn't have a tv so she wasn't going to watch this year but she'll have to find a way now!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home